Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Brooke White: Our Newest Shining Star

I fancy myself a bit of a singer so I watch American Idol from time to time. Let's face it--it's mostly Karaoke for kids.

HOWEVER! (and that is a BIG however notice)

Earlier tonight I saw Brooke White performing "Let It Be" and thus I witnessed a bright star rising. Angelic of face and voice, heart felt and real, and possessing talent directly from The Muses. I have always said that singing is not about hitting notes or technical bedazzlement or stylized attitude. No. What it is about is reaching out and touching people from a distance and making them truly FEEL something real. She has that in spades and talent and musical ability to boot.

I don't know if the YouTube version of this one performance will do it justice, but I am posting it anyway!

I truly believe I have witnessed the birth of a new rising star. A light bringer for sure. I know--I wax towards hyperbole! But that is just how I feel about great singers.

Absolutely a new favorite! Watch and listen!


No comments: